Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Morning Routine

011 

Mornings

Lovely sweet mornings the time when are souls can commune with heaven. 

At lest that is the dream, of waking refreshed ready to start another fabulous day full of adventure and discovery with dear children that we love. : )

Then there is Reality where you have been up early, early in the morning with a little one who had a bad cough.  Or you just didnt get to bed soon enough to get  all the sleep you needed or maybe its just hard to get a good diet going so you can feel refreshed.

All of these thing seem to come into play with my dream of getting up early and having time to myself.

But I am finding if I really put forth the effort and set that as truly something of great value to me, it is starting to happen more often then not.

My morning unfolds with writing down all the thoughts that pop into my head this is known as Morning Pages. Taken from Julia Cameron in her books, the Artist Way and The Vein of Gold.

Then a walk through the woods, and then some study time before I need to get breakfast going for the children.  Im finding I feel more at peace and positive about my day if I will work on these activities.  The first helps me get rid of any negative thoughts that might be lurking in the corners of my mind, then the walk helps me fill my mind with lovely images and needed fresh air and exercise. 

019

There is something so healing and nurturing being out doors and out among nature early in the morning or any time really.

  Then the third activity of study helps me to  fill my mind with wonderful positive thoughts that will help me throughout the rest of my day. 

I think it is so important that we do find time to feed our hearts and minds with beauty that we can be a source of hope and strength to those around us and especially to our families.  The world has such a way of pulling on us.  Always striving to make things that are of little importance seem so vital.   It can be very hard to keep focused on what is of real importance to us. But I’m finding carving out this time in the morning to be well worth the struggles it takes to achieve it.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like a great morning routine! I wish I lived near the woods.

Tan Family said...

Lovely post! I've always been more of a night person than a morning person, but after reading so many wonderful homeschooling blogs that feature meditative, precious morning routines, I'm rethinking my old rhythms...maybe I'll end up a morning person yet!

Jen said...

Hi Jane, what a lovely post :)

I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a watermelon award :) I really think you're special & enjoy your posts! Sorry I'm listing this here, but I didn't see a direct email - so I figured this was the best way to get a hold of you!

You can cut and paste from my blog and then just list 6 things that make you happy and pass the award on to 6 more bloggers. Don't forget to put the melon on your blog, as well! You can list it as an award on the side now, too.

If you don't have time to do this, please let me know so I can nominate someone else :)

Thanks and have a great week!

Best,
Jen

http://ancienthearth2.blogspot.com/