This week Ancient Hearth sent me (Jane) a Watermelon Award. Sweet!
I accept and reciprocate by sharing six things that make me happy
1. Family – The sound of children’s laughter, little hugs from tiny arms, reading and sharing books together and listening to my older boys tell me all their wonderful ideas. Sharing grand adventures together as a family.
2. My Dear Husband -He truly is my Sunshine.
3. Nature – I love trees, flowers, rain, and the seasons. The Dogwoods blooming stirs my very soul. But then comes Autumn and I'm sure that's my favorite time of the year -- with all the magical colors.
4. Being Creative – I am learning how to knit and crochet. It is so fun! I also love to embroider and work with watercolors. Working with my hands brings me so much joy.
5. Homeschooling- Over the years this has become very dear to my heart. It is so wonderful to be able to spend this precious time with my children. It is going by so fast. I love learning how to do it better too : )
6. Reading- I love to curl up with a good book, and enter into a land of enchantment. A lot of times, though, it is a book on Waldorf Education or something about home education. I tend to have a hard time putting the other kinds of books down. The all-nighters are getting to hard on me. ; )
In turn, I nominate these six, refreshing mamas (in no particular order):
The Magic Onion Has the cutest little fairy folk visiting her blog and such a sweet Etsy store. I really enjoy reading her posts.
Beth over at Road to Joy She is very creative and has lovely ideas of ways she spends time with her family.
Black Cool Homeschooling Blog has some wonderful ideas, I so enjoy reading her post. Its so fun to see the positive effects of homeschooling and the results in other families.
Breezy over at A Bowl of Moss & Pebble has enchanting art work that she sales at her Etsy shop. I love to go and look at all her drawings they are truly enchanting.
At the Gnome Hollow Play Garden- they have some very inspiring ideas. Its a Waldorf-inspired Summer Parent/Child Program. They are so creative.
The Sweetest Things- has some lovely ways to add a little bit of sugar to your day : )
I would love to hear what makes you happy, but please don't feel obligated. There is much love to go around; pass the melons!