Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Grateful Heart

google image

"A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness.  It is an expression of humility.  It is a foundation of the development of such virtures as prayer,faith,courage,contentment,happiness,love,and well-being."
                                                                                                                          ~Elder James E Faust

I really like the idea of finding inner contentment being at peace in what ever situation I may be in.  Having a sense of happiness, being able to express love, and having a feeling of well being.  Wow to think that just having a grateful heart and an attitude of gratitude could create all of that. So what could I do today to cherish these thought and apply them into my life?  I think I will make time to write in my Evening Pages.  My evening pages is a journal I started to write in.  Its all the lovely thought and events that happened during the day.  I find it so easy  to focus on the negitive things or the things I didnt get done so a lot of the time I go to bed feeling discouraged.  So I decided to focus on the good and the positive because every day has it ups and downs in it.   I have been feeling that to truly cherish my days I need to focus on the positive.  I havnt been doing it as consistently as I would like so tonight Ill get back to writing and cherishing the beautiful events of the day. 

No comments: